The group started with eight ladies through a Bible Study led by
a deaconess Miss Ruby Lamigo in the hall of Methodist Church English
Speaking year 1982. As the influx of Filipino overseas contract
workers continued so the members of the Filipino community increased.
The fellowship gained recognition from the Methodist Church English
Speaking in 1984. Now, there are about 1,500 Filipinos attending
Church Services every Sunday.
Under the umbrella of Filipino Ministry
- Music Ministry (Filipino Choirs, Singing Group, Praise &
- Lay Speaking Ministry (Lay Speaking Institute, Lay Speakers/Preachers
- Care Group Ministry
- Door Stewards Ministry
- Filipino Fellowship*
THE FILIPINO FELLOWSHIP PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES*
- To minister to Filipinos in Hong Kong who attend worship at
- To provide support to churches and church organizations in
the Philippines in so far as resources allow.
Filipino Fellowship shall:
- Develop programs to meet the needs and interest of Filipinos.
- Devise ways and means of developing participation of Filipinos
in the wider life of MCES and the wider community in Hong Kong.
- Provide study and leadership programs that will enrich the
spiritual life of the Filipino and increase their knowledge of
the scriptures and their understanding of the needs of the world
and their responsibility in meeting those needs.
- Recommend to the Church Council necessary programs and policies
that will promote the achievements of these objectives.
Filipino Fellowship Offers (Trainings
- Discipleship Classes
- Nurturing Classes
- Interpretative Dance Class
- Guitar Class (Basic & Advance)
- Soap Carving Class
- Beads Craft Class
- Sewing Class
- Baking Class
- Food Processing Class
- Outreach Programs
For inquiries / further details see or contact the Filipino President,
Ms. Gloria M. Mendillo
Tel: (852) 93276664
^ Back to Top